Spring Lake, NJ, United States
6 Mar 08:53 PM
WatsonBarron - Accounting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and analyzes monthly internal financial statements ensuring accuracy and timely reporting.
- Reviews source documentation and verifies proper coding.
- Prepares journal entries to amortize prepaids, record accruals, and coding corrections in accordance with GAAP.
- Works with Corporate, Regional and/or Divisional personnel to close general ledger monthly.
- Completes assigned account reconciliations monthly, researching and resolving any issues identified.
- Performs analysis of actual to budget variances.
- Responds to financial inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develops and maintains accounting databases; verifying input.
- Prepares schedules and financial statements for internal and external audits.
- Assist Accounting Manager and Director of Accounting by assembling and presenting any requested information necessary for the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for special projects/reports as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous position-related duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required.
- 3 - 8 years of experience as a staff accountant performing general ledger close for multiple entities or Big 4 public accounting experience.
- General ledger, account analysis, and account reconciliation in a multi-company, multi-location environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of MS Office required.
- Oracle experience a plus.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self starter and have the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with others in a high volume, fast-paced environment.