The Administrative Assistant is a 25-hour per week position, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time role. Responsibilities include data entry, tracking and analysis, bookkeeping, reporting, correspondence, program function, and donor acknowledgement with additional duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Correspond with Affiliates; address their questions, send documents, etc.
- Maintain Affiliate-Only website; ensure that Affiliates are properly informed of updates.
- Perform regular audits and updates to confirm and progress Affiliate status.
- Perform accurate data entry for select donor gift records and affiliate operating expenses.
- Process, record, and reconcile with the Finance Department all gifts, pledges and pledge payments.
- Prepare accurate donor reports, queries, data exports, and mailing lists as requested.
Fundraising and Marketing
- Provide appropriate acknowledgment letters, receipts, and invoices to donors.
- Provide assistance with general donor research and solicitation.
- Assist with the drafting of donor letters, correspondence, general information, proposals, and reports as directed.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating marketing materials
- Prioritize and organize multiple tasks and responsibilities in a manner that fulfills daily responsibilities, while continuing to make progress towards longer-term objectives.
- Assist with financial, development, and program materials, reports, and meeting minutes.
- Provide administrative support, including filing, faxing/scanning, and ordering department supplies, mail handling, etc.
- Assist with special events and donor appreciation events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
The Administrative Assistant position requires a majority combination of the following:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Aptitude with basic office software, filing skills, ability to use basic office equipment, and accurate data entry skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of nonprofit resource development practices and procedures.
- Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and G Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, etc.)
- Christ-follower; believes in Mission Create’s Statement of Faith.
- Mission-driven with particular interest in entrepreneurism.
- Highly organized self-starter with an ability to produce high-volume, high-quality data.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Work hours will generally be within a 5-hour workday in the office (1 N. 1st Street, Suite 613, Phoenix, AZ). Flexibility may occur as to a weekly work day schedule, but participation is required during special events. Local travel is required.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives requires of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Part-time (approximately 25 hours/week)
Compensation: $10-15/hour, depending on experience
Required education: Associate
Interested candidates should apply by Friday, March 31, 2017.