SJF Ventures Senior Analyst Job Description
SJF Ventures is an expansion-stage venture capital firm that seeks superior financial returns by investing in high-growth companies generating positive social and environmental impacts. The firm has been at the forefront of impact investing since 1999, driven by a mission to create a healthier, smarter and cleaner future.
SJF has recently launched SJF Ventures IV, a $125 million impact venture fund. Focus areas include clean energy, asset recovery, food and sustainable agriculture, education, health and wellness, and consumer and enterprise software. Please see www.sjfventures.com for more information.
Senior Analyst Position
SJF is seeking a senior analyst for its office in New York. This pre-MBA position is suited for individuals who are eager to develop skills in venture capital and impact investing. SJF promotes a horizontal culture in which individuals at all levels are integrated into the entire venture capital process.
The senior analyst will work directly with SJF’s managing director in New York, Arrun Kapoor. Representative responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the venture capital investment process. Specifically, the senior analyst will identify investment prospects through online efforts and networking at industry events and conferences, review company presentations, perform due diligence on prospect companies, research industries and competitors, and build financial models.
- Helping with business strategy, exit events and general support of SJF portfolio companies.
- Supporting other operational activities associated with SJF Ventures, including SJF impact-related work, marketing, fund administration and contact management.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, which have been demonstrated through work and/or academic accomplishments.
- Interest in venture capital and impact investing.
- Self-starter, able to initiate projects and work independently.
- Interest in the education sector a plus but not a requirement.
- One to three years of work experience in a relevant field, including private equity, venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, or start-up companies in SJF’s sectors of focus.
- Financial modeling skills.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume using the link below. SJF periodically will notify all candidates of the status of the process.