Director of Event Partnerships
We are seeking an accomplished partnerships/events professional who wants to make an impact in the business world. Are you an experienced relationship manager ready for a meaningful challenge? Are you a lifelong learner with deep intellectual curiosity who isn’t afraid to tackle new topics? Do you have a knack for identifying compelling content, speakers, and perspectives? Are you a natural matchmaker excited about connecting between corporations, investors and entrepreneurs?
If you answered yes to the above, we want to meet you!
The successful candidate will collaborate with our in-house event team working on 6 annual large conferences (including our Social Innovation Summit, Media Technology Summit, CIO Summit, Israel Dealmakers Summit) plus an additional portfolio of 50+ monthly breakfasts, dinners and showcases. Past speakers across our events have included Alicia Keys, Michael J. Fox, Craig Venter, Dikembe Mutumbo, Jeff Immelt, Arianna Huffington, Reid Hoffman, Glenn Close, Howard Buffett, Dean Kamen, Rob Lowe, Nick Cannon, will.i.am, Jessica Alba, John Chambers, Beth Comstock, etc etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Partnership Management: Engage with existing partners and sponsors to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled, leading to delight and re-booking. This includes general logistics and follow-up such as confirming registration codes, inclusion in VIP activities surrounding the event, and understanding their strategic goals in order to maximize the relationship.
- Speaker Recruitment and Placement: Leverage our network of relationships to help secure and place world-class speakers in a variety of formats (Keynote, Fireside Chats, Panelists, etc.).
- New Business Development: Ability to jump on the phone, or join a meeting, where we need to charismatically articulate the value of partnering with Landmark working in collaboration with the sponsorship team. Then summarize those points into various proposals and contracts to support finalization of strategic partnerships.
- Event Planning & Execution: Understand the strategic importance of venue selection and agenda creation. Ability to collaborate with our event production team on the details – logistics, AV, room layout, food & beverage service, signage/brochures, website and marketing requirements.
- Marketing & Communications: The right candidate will express strategies in a clear and compelling manner. This includes phone and email, but also ability to work on copy for a PowerPoint/brochure, or with a designer on an event landing page or registration page, etc.
- Lead & Host Events: Often requiring travel, you may be part of a team or the sole Landmark representative at a given event (for example, hosting a VIP Dinner) in the front of the room, facilitating and directing small and large group conversation to ensure a high-quality experience for all guests. Comfort and confidence with public speaking is a big plus.
If you are that one special candidate, you will quickly become a key player on a talented, fun-loving team at a high-energy company. You’ll work with great people, and if you’re like the majority of them, this will be the best place you’ve ever worked, and you’ll thrive in an environment of personal and professional growth.
In exchange for your skills and talents, we offer a very competitive compensation package, and the unique opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading business personalities making a difference on a daily basis.
This position is located at Landmark’s headquarters in the highly desirable Flatiron District on Park Avenue South in midtown Manhattan.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to: JoinUs@landmarkventures.com
Please demonstrate your attention to detail by replying in the subject line of your application with a “three word answer” regarding the personality traits that best describes why you are the perfect fit for this role! Since we take the time to read your application, kindly take the time to demonstrate your interest in the position by adhering to this request.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Landmark Ventures:
Landmark Ventures is a technology-focused investment banking and strategic advisory group specializing in M&A, Capital Raising, Strategic Partnerships and Innovation Access for a select client roster of public corporations, private equity sponsors, and high-growth companies. Our core strengths include extensive personal relationships across the strategic landscape, and unparalleled market insights coupled with deep global perspectives and deal experience. Landmark has a particular focus on cross-border transactions involving the United States, Canada, Europe, China and Israel.
- 6+ years direct or related experience in business development, account management, events management, conference production, marketing and communications, and event planning.
- Proven experience successfully leading and managing multiple partner relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities; the ability to pick up on nuances of client interaction and communications.
- Comfort in a dynamic environment, dealing calmly and effectively with situations under deadlines.
- Ability to listen and “connect the dots” from one area of the business to another.
- Individual must be willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get into the details.
- Strong networking with ability to develop and manage executive and individual level relationships.
- Critical thinking, strategic consulting and conceptualization skills; able to translate strategy into business objectives with clear accountability; excellent writing/editing skills.
- “Work Athlete” mindset – someone who is coachable, innovative, focused and is able to adapt.
- Strong project management skills; highly organized, demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving; strong time management and ability to multi-task.