Our clients are looking for a Property Manager
Summary: This position is responsible for supervising the property operations of an apartment community with over 600+ units. Responsibilities include overseeing all staff in the performance of maintenance, leasing, tenant relations and financial reporting functions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: One must be able to perform the essential functions of the job; which include, but are not limited to the following (Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
- Supervises Maintenance Manager and Leasing Manager in daily administration, client contact, unit inspections, and maintenance.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management program.
- Develop yearly operating budgets and sales/marketing plans. Accurately prepare and convey all operational and financial data to the Vice President in a timely manner.
- Work with Managers to develop, write and implement a sales and marketing plan that effectively maximizes rental income and results in high occupancy and competitive pricing through the leasing staff and personal efforts.
- Supervise the implementation of all policies and procedures as outlined in the company policies and procedures manual. Ensure compliance by employees supervised as necessary.
- Identify and implement creative programs to increase the property’s value and improve services to residents.
- Analyze and evaluate monthly financial statements
- Create, implement, update and ensure compliance of the company’s safety programs, policies and procedures. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff consistent with policies in the Safety Manual.
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Hire on-site personnel, conduct job performances and salary reviews, and make appropriate staff changes when necessary.
- Review the performance of on-site management and maintenance personnel
- Train and motivate staff.
- Identify and analyze problems and potential problems. Develop and implement decisions that help the properties achieve the owner’s objectives and that are consistent with management company’s policies and procedures.
- Effectively disseminate all information and instructions necessary for others, including supervisors, peers and subordinates to do their work. Advise employees on a regular basis how they are performing their specific job.
- Be observant for any problem that could be a hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
- Property Management: 5 years
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Requires minimum of five years’ previous experience as a Property Manager or Assistant Property Manager in property management with a minimum of 600 units
- All candidates must proficiency in reading and writing in the English language.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence,
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and valid car insurance, as required by the state in which employed. Real estate license (when required by the state).
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak English fluently and excellent communication skills.
- Requires the ability to accurately perform advanced business mathematical functions such as calculation of percentage and ratios and the ability to understand and perform all on-site management software functions.
- Requires strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Requires strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Requires knowledge in on-site maintenance.
- Requires good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop, implement and evaluate market plans.
- Requires knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors.
- Requires the ability to accurately perform advanced business mathematical functions
- Requires the ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and management software packages.
- Requires high level of self control under difficult or emergency situations.
- High Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Onsite
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms and to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.