Software Development Manager- eCommerce & Automation
We are building a team with the best and brightest technical talent.
The Manager of Software Development is responsible for building, coaching and developing the eCommerce development team. You will be the first employee in the development team. (not counting founders) This position will take ownership of projects of varying size, and scope across different practices. This position entails significant responsibility of achieving an aggressive growth plan while supporting & delivering our current assets.
We develop 3 different types of products:
1- Automation web based products for crawling, fulfillment, and miscellaneous tasks. (Imacro, Selenium)
2-Custom e-commerce apps for commonly used platforms (Shopify,Magento)
3- Custom e-commerce stores for commonly used platforms
You should ideally have experience in a couple different languages or frameworks. You should be able to see the bigger picture behind design patterns and architecture and how to engineer complex behaviors and components, especially within the e-commerce ecosystem. You should be able to proactively spot typical technical and creative issues before they come up based on your previous experiences. You can work comfortably with other team member from various departments. We expect a thorough understanding of web technologies.
- Write and maintain consistent, clean, and readable code
- Take ownership of all front-end development and Shopify configurations for multiple storefronts across a global brands
- Work collaboratively with a small team to proactively identify and implement improvements
- General experience building, launching, and maintaining Shopify stores, as well as general knowledge of the admin system
- Experience with build tools such as webpack and rollup
- Experience with dependency management tools (NPM, Browserify, RequireJS, etc)
- Thorough understanding of Git and workflow processes (e.g. GitFlow)
- Experience with Shopify’s object/properties, AJAX API, and Metafields
- Thorough testing and debugging skills with browser console and external tools
- Experience developing for responsive layouts for desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs
- Able to prioritize your own tasks and dependencies
- Ability to communicate well, giving proactive feedback to peers, team, and manager
- Good organizational skills
- Appreciation for design and motion
- Ability to roll up sleeves and do what it takes to win.
- Sense of humor & commitment
- Enjoy the canine friends in our office.
Good to Have
- Experience using Langify
- Experience with Shopify’s theming system and Liquid templating
- Experience with Shopify’s themekit and/or Storefront API
- Good animation principles and experience with animations libraries
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA
- Experience implementing and working with analytics providers, such as Google Tag Manager and Core Metrics
- Experience with web automation software (Imacro, Selenium)
- Experience with Laravel
VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply to job and after take the video interview. If you get a message, that you need to wait for us to send you an invite, ignore it. The video interview is open for everyone.
The video interview is on demand. Just you and the computer, so you can take it at your free time. If you're camera shy or think it's too creepy, use a mask or face swapping software or anything creative!
After you finish the video interview, please upload your resume here: