SENIOR DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
This is your opportunity to become a key member of a venture-backed, NASA award-winning team that is going from space startup to high-growth company. SkyWatch’s office is located at Communitech’s Data Hub, the latest addition to the great startup ecosystem that is Kitchener-Waterloo. This role doesn't require working out of the SkyWatch office.
You must be passionate about startups and enjoy the intricacies of making one successful. You equate our success with your own and vice versa. We are looking for someone with a deep strategic understanding of the current Earth Observation business landscape and partnership programs.
ABOUT SKYWATCH SPACE APPLICATIONS
Founded in April 2014, SkyWatch is on a mission to make satellite data captured of the Earth accessible to the world. Hundreds of trillions of pixels of our planet are captured from space every day. With new applications for this data being discovered constantly, the demand for satellite imagery and data across many industries is increasing. Our platform allows both enterprise and consumers to quickly discover and access the satellite data they need.
Our team comprises of software developers, engineers, and armchair geospatial information scientists and astrophysicists. We are also: global winners of the 2014 NASA International Space Apps Challenge; Google for Entrepreneurs alumni; TechStars NYC alumni (Summer 2016 Cohort); Lead Organizer of NASA Space Apps Waterloo; members of the Canadian Space Commerce Association; members of the International Astronomical Union’s Working Group on Time-Domain Astronomy; and founding supporters and directors of MaxQ, Canada’s first accelerator focused on space startups.
Our company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and providing a work environment that is transparent and fun while being free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to offer competitive salaries and compensation. We're also very flexible and open to filling the unique needs of our employees.
- Build and then execute on a partnership growth strategy
- Work with the Product, Sales and Customer Success teams to identify and vet data partnership opportunities
- Recruiting, training, and managing a world-class team
- Partner with product, technology and operational teams to ensure alignment on data specifications and requirements of integration, in particular providing specific feedback into the Product management process to deliver a superior experience back to our vendors.
- Prospect, secure, and expand external partnerships by building relationships with executive stakeholders, constructing business cases for integration, managing technical due diligence process for integration, coordinating contractual arrangements, etc..
- Manage the day-to-day requirements of each strategic partner, serving as a proactive liaison and champion to promote partnerships both internally and within the partner’s broader sales, marketing and product management organizations.
- Work with data partners to understand the technical landscape of their systems, in order to identify and secure additional opportunities and to communicate these internally.
- Provide expertise across SkyWatch’s data supply capabilities and educate internal and external parties on our products and differentiating data supply factors.
- Track and analyze key performance metrics related to partnership sourcing and successes.
- Work to secure official, promotable partnership status on a per Partner basis for each Supplier and ensure SkyWatch are integrated into their Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Represent SkyWatch at networking, workshop, or summit events as sponsored by data partners.
- Monitor industry news of Satellite launch/build announcements on a daily basis to stay abreast of new opportunities.
- 10+ years in a Partner Management role preferably in a data-intensive industry
- Deep strategic understanding of the current Earth Observation business landscape and partnership programs.
- Demonstrated success at establishing, executing on, and maintaining data partnership relationships.
- Solid technical understanding of foundational application development technologies (i.e. APIs), the Space Industry, and Satellite Remote Sensing
- Proactive, creative, and autonomous approach to sourcing new opportunities within existing and prospective data partners.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple work streams.
- Ability to gather and transform business requirements and market needs into a successful product strategy that can be championed with partners.
- Comfort working high and low - from presenting strategy to execs, to defining acceptance criteria for technical teams.
- Leadership DNA - demonstrated ability to drive alignment between different stakeholders with different motivations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study. MBA is an advantage.
- You continuously strive for improvement and efficiencies beyond your own scope of responsibility
- You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- You're a proficient organizer with an uncanny ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- You're a critical thinker with excellent decision-making skills
- You are unafraid to take the lead on a project or task
- You do amazing work with minimal oversight
- Space and data excite you – A LOT!