Level 1 NOC System Engineer
- The NOC System Engineer will be responsible for supporting the operations of NOC Service Delivery NOC located at Eastwood,Libis.
- The incumbent will also coordinate activities across globally dispersed service delivery centers.
- The NOC System Engineer will support various networking & Interconnectivity devices, including routers, switches firewalls and other peripherals including VOIP Infrastructure.
- In addition, The NOC System Engineer will be responsible for meeting internal + external SLA’s.
- The NOC System Engineer will review, develop and refine support documentation, processes, procedures and associated network administration requirements and drive implementation and use.
- Perform tasks as defined by the Network Operations Center Management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computers or other equivalent field experience.
- 4 + years of progressive experience in a enterprise Technical Support Department or Network Operation Center environment performing system administration and system security functions.
- Strong understanding of IT systems fundamentals and system management & administration tasks.
- Strong and extensive experience od Active Directory and System administrationStrong understanding of System administration concepts, TCP/IP stack and common Internet protocols. With focus on the following areas & technologies:
1. Operating Systems (Windows, HP UX, Solaris, Linux, Apple/MAC)
2. Email (Exchange, POP3, SMTP)
3. Remote Access (Terminal Services, Citrix, VMWARE & DaaS)
4. Desktop (Microsoft Office Suite)
5. Web Engines (IIS, Apache)
6. Network Management (System Center, Site Scan, Traverse)
7. User Authentication and Management (Active Directory, Passlogix, S2)
8. Clustering (Microsoft)
- Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to spot long term trends in production environment. Prior experience in a 24 x 7 Network Operations Center in a large scale Data Center Environment. Ability to clearly document and articulate technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent site issues and remain calm under high pressure situations
- Must be reliable and dependable, self-motivated and willingness to learn and contribute to building successful the NOC team. Ability to work closely with peers and other operations or engineering teams.
- Ability to function in a 24/7 operation and work flexible schedule on weekdays and weekends as required. Enjoys a challenging yet rewarding environment.
- Working Conditions / Environment & Physical Demands:
- Required to work in a NOC / data center environment with moderate noise and cool temperatures.
• Should have valid US visa and Passport