Full Stack Developer (Back-end Developer and R&D Manager)
The Client's Back-end Developer and R&D Manager is responsible for the production of our technical products. Creating ideas to meet client briefs, and integrating the work of the front-end developer. The holder of this role is also responsible for the leading the company’s R&D efforts. Researching new technologies and devising better ways to deliver our technical products, this role will also seek new areas of development for the business, in particular the development of customisable software that meets client and end user needs.
There are six critical components to success:
- Project Management - A disciplined approach to project management, with a passion for adhering to the process, and ensuring that others do as well
- Excellent organisational skills - a can-do attitude, preference for a very fast-paced environment, flexibility and adaptability.
- Project Understanding - A commitment to knowing the status of every single project inside-out, and following through on all tasks and interactions, ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Clear Communication – Communicate constantly with the team, managing expectations, helping them understand their priorities on campaigns, anticipating issues where possible and working with colleagues and management to solve them
- Problem Solving Skills - The ability to quickly recognise when things are going off the rails, and even more quickly decide how to fix the issues.
- Technical Delivery – Skilled in a range of coding languages and up to date with the latest software and hardware releases. Ability to think creatively and develop new products.
Standard hours are 9 - 6 Manila time.
Competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviours):
- Experienced in coding to meet WCAG 2.0 AA standards
- Experiencing in developing on API’s
- Experienced in writing advanced PHP applications and web applications from the ground up
- Have experience and be comfortable developing using Laravel 5+, WordPress, Drupal and a well-rounded knowledge of current web platforms and MV
- Thorough understanding of core underlying technologies.
- SQL Database design + querying
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Strong understanding of Linux servers and using Git for source control management
- Data migration, transforming and scripting
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
Would be Nice Features
- Previous agency experience.
- Previously lead a small development team on large web based projects.
- iOS and Android app development.
Back End Development
- Be the senior back end developer writing code to build all of our client projects
- Be the lead developer on a set number of projects
- Integrate the work of the front end developer
- Educational game development
- Coding of both web based and mobile applications
- IOS and Andriod app development
- Be the development lead on internal projects such as the KE TTT and PropellHer
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of apps for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Find ways to improve existing products and build templates
- Research best practice development and investigate ways for KE to adopt latest technology or development practices
- Seek ways that we can enable the client to build their own cost effective solution
- Seek efficiencies in our code development and product builds
- Design and execute on projects as per the approved project concepts
- Develop projects to timelines
- Keep accurate WorkflowMax time records
- Estimate hours for each project accurately
- Raise time under estimates or project overruns in a timely manner
- Develop projects within organisational constraints and seek to find efficiencies
- Review all work leaving the creative department to ensure it meets standards
- Provide tick of approval for work to be delivered to the client by the Account Managers
- Seek to find ways to reduce the running cost base within the organisation
- Systemise the development and delivery of products and services
- Consolidate and reduce the amount of different software we are using in the organisation
- Ensure team members have appropriate training plans and have the skills they need
- Seek ways to speed up the flow of work through the agency
- Minimise external contractors
- Keep a strong handle on cost control for all projects, internal and external resources
- Develop a quarterly process document and contribute it to the internal intranet
Crew Goal – Products
- Achieve quarterly crew goal
- Review our technical products and develop ways to template and replicate each product easily